Monday, April 13, 2009

My Girls!

I am CRAZY about the sisters in my life! I love having them "around." I put that in quotes because as we all know they are not necessarily around me physically speaking. As a matter of fact most of them are not here. I have girls spread across the country. Not all of them are Navy either...they include a Marine's Wife and an Airman's Wife! They all have a special place in my heart.

Today I had several conversations with a few of my girls. (Via phone or Internet) One of them is having some serious health concerns while her husband is deployed, of course! Let's call her "V" for the sake of making it easier! We searched online through TriCare stuff today trying to find "alternative" solutions since prescriptions don't seem to be helping! It was interesting to see exactly what is covered and what isn't! You'd be surprised if you actually took the time to look. Needless to say she isn't left with many options. I hate that she is on one side of the country and I am on the other. There is nothing like pain or illness to get you down in the dumps. She is ALWAYS a "powerhouse" and is having a difficult time adjusting that her physical ability to be so is not there. She is and AWESOME woman! V and her husband played a vital role in our lives for some time while we were stationed together. I honestly question where we would be if we didn't have friends like them that took the time to listen, care and give the best impartial advice they could! If you think of it say an extra prayer for her! I know she would love that. The frustration of no answer and no relief is setting in! I call her and we have a little laugh therapy and talk about silly things along with every day chat!


Then there is my CHICA!!! She has been my friend for....well, I am not sure I want to go there. SO let's just say I don't remember a time in my life where she wasn't a part of it! She has a young son and a gamer husband! It seems the little guy can't get a break. He's had croup, pneumonia and an inner ear infection! We had the "Is it really a big deal when you ask them to clean up their own mess" conversation! Apparently, it is a big deal to him right now. Someone put on their grumpy pants! Then it lead to the typical if you had a REAL job conversation! Some times I wish we could trade places with our spouses. Thank goodness PickupMan gets it. It took him a while but he got it. He always says "She's got the harder job!" I love him for that. But Chica and her hubby got into it about that topic. It's always an interesting topic to me. Some times for military spouses its not worth the time. Why pay someone so that you can work? It is a big debate and I understand that. I see all sides of this story. What I find funny is his work schedule would NOT permit her to have a job right now. Maybe at night but even that would be difficult! She said to me "WHY would I work to pay someone to watch my child?" She gets mommy-breaks. She is knows she needs to take care of her self in that way! She goes to the gym, she has girls nights out, and takes play dates with moms who are close. Plus, she's fairly close to home so she does take the short trip and get some family time! The best is that she is coming to visit this summer! WOO HOO for girly time with one of my besties! The hubbies and kids can hang and we can enjoy just being friends... not mom or wife for a little while(we will have to find some place to go where no one says "MOM!!")!! I am so ready for that!!!

Last but not least I received amazing news! One of my girls is expecting her first baby! WOO HOO! They had been trying to conceive for about three years now! What an awesome blessing! Suppose I have some knitting to do now! SO this was a little bit about a few of my girls! The women in my "family." Honestly love having each one of them as a sister!

Well, my day of running on the treadmill and not getting anywhere is complete! I hate these days they are draining and you really didn't do anything but you did and you are exhausted! lol I'm off to run some more and see how far I don't get! LOL

1 comment:

rebecca said...

Gotta love other mil wives :)