Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sisterhood of Motherhood

Okay Moms, did you see Oprah on Monday April sixth?!? I must admit I was TOTALLY sucked in! The Co-Authors of I Was a Really Good Mom Before I Had Kids and I'd Trade My Husband for a Housekeeper were on discussing the "Secret Lives of Moms" with Oprah. I laughed so hard at some points the PickupMan thought I was losing it! I called all of my girls and told them they must watch or catch it on hulu. If for no other reason to get a good laugh and maybe feel a little better about being a mom. There were some comments that made me go, okay...then some that made me go I'm not that bad! LOL But as moms we all have those moments of "What was I thinking!" I can't wait to get the chance to read the book(s). But from what I watched and heard I believe that this is a book we as moms should share with first time moms! Remember those feelings of WHY did no one tell me this?!?! I think this book would be such a comfort for those moments!

My boys are wonderful but there are certainly days when I wonder if they are human! Thing 2 always knows how to push buttons and I wonder some times if he can say anything other than "Mom can I..." or just plain' ol "MOM!" Thing 1 is headed full on into his pre-teen years! (WHEN did THAT happen?!?) He retreats to his room to do homework then stays there. He ends up reading, playing video games or listening to music. I didn't realize that the whole hibernation(as my mother used to call it) stage would start so soon. He has been outside as of lately because his friends were out and I "gently" suggested he go out several times. I love being a mom! But as someone on the show put it, "IT" is never done! And we always have such high expectations of ourselves that we will never be able to meet! A mother's work is never done right?!?!

Check out the website: Really Good Mom

In the mean time I am off to round up Thing 1 & 2! Have a wonderful evening!

No comments: