Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Little Bit Of Info

So I've started this blog as a place to vent and to perhaps put out some information that will be helpful to other navy wives. Maybe even let them know that they aren't alone in their frustrations. I have always found that writing is a great way to get things out of my head. Almost a stress reliever!
So a little bit about myself so that you can have some idea of who I am! I have been a navy wife for ten years. My hubby, PickupMan, and I have two boys that I will refer to as Thing1 and Thing2. We have moved a lot in those ten years! But it has provided me with a wealth of knowledge about life and people. Yes, I am a digit and so is my hubby...no matter how much he tries to deny it! He loves his job(on most days) and serving our country on submarines. We are currently on shore duty and it has been a strange yet nice experience thus far. I am learning to adjust to having him home(which I am really enjoying...we have supper together almost every evening...strange I know!) and he is learning to adjust to not going out to sea. In turn he has picked up a project car and is in the garage working on it as I type.
I have some great women in my life who have quickly become family. Quick bonding comes with the Navy lifestyle I suppose. I am so grateful for and blessed by the sisters that I have found over the last ten years. I believe that each of them was put in my life for a reason. I have watched these woman be some of the strongest people and in the same breath be the tender wife and/or mother. They have taught me many lessons that I carry with me. Each of the is different and special but the one thing we all have in common is the love for our husbands that our proudly serving our country. I have also had my fair share of acquaintances. You learn a lot from living in housing! (For those of you who live there now or have lived there, you know exactly what I am talking about!) And I believe that I have even taken a little bit of wisdom(or lesson learned) from each of those women too.
I dabble in photography when I get the chance. I love to capture moments not just pictures. I believe that each picture is a moment in time that is forever captured. (PickupMan will tell you that is evident in the huge box of pictures we tote with us from duty station to duty station!) I have the best of intentions to scrapbook, but it never seems to happen! LOL I will start a page or two and then life tends to get in the way or I'm out taking more pictures! I am a jeans and sweatshirt kind of girl. I love to be home with my family. I read as often as I can. I am on the phone a lot, it's the best way to keep in touch with all of my "sisters." Now I am just babbling, which I am also very good at! SO this is my first blog and a little bit of information on the "DigitWife."

No comments: